Train Journeys

 Platform 1

 The train journeys are common among Indians and occupies a substantial portion of our memory that is volatile in character. As much as many times we repeat to travel the same route or through the same train, every experiences is unmatchable. I still remember me being, young who was then excited to grab a window seat and stare the nature without a blink. On a summer morning, I was walking with my cousins holding hands like a chain into the Railway Junction. Though the day has just begun, the sun is already bright and clear. Everyone is lined up looking for the train that's arriving slowly into the station. I was cautioned by my father to move behind and wait until the train arrives. We were planning to visit Velankanni church that's in Nagapattinam and waiting for a connecting train from Thanjavur junction. The summer holidays have just begun, me and my cousins  who are not more than 9 to 13 years old were already running out-of-places to visit within Thanjavur. So my father has decided to take us to the nearby town for a beach day through a "train journey". Since the train was crowded we couldn't pick a window seat instead pushed to the luggage area so that we all stay within our father's eyesight. Though it was a cramped journey it was simply fun because we travel "together". This was not my first train journey but one of my memorable journeys because we were excited to travel together for a long distance(3 hour journey). Also, it's a day trip so I was in a conscious state of mind that made me remember even after 10 years now.

Most of my childhood train journeys were alike. Always accompanied by parents and excited to see the place where we were heading towards. But the emotions changed when I grew older. It's not always an exciting mood, sometimes it's a homesick mood that has already started while leaving my home for college studies. I practiced traveling alone or with friends, moving across my state for various reasons and it totally transformed me from being innocent girl to a cautious and bolder version of myself. When I joined college outside of my hometown, train journeys have become a routine and my memory folder started expanding with newer and unique experiences. These beautiful journeys were filled with multiple emotions, experiences, different people and conversations. Every passenger has a different reason for travelling but are bound together within the train for hours until they all are separated. These people sometimes leave remarkable moments on our journey. Unfortunately I never encountered a love story or a crush story in my journey but a bunch of fun and emotional episodes from a college girls' perspective dominates my memory lane. Let's walk through every platform and join me on a bumpy ride through my memories on train journeys in the upcoming posts.

Yours excitedly

Harini Sha


Comments

  1. Good attempt and a long way to go, all the best பட்டு... I am not able to believe that you have grown up and have started your own place to share your thinkings... Thinking itself has become an art these days and you have decided to pen them... Good and keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mama...catch you soon with more articles

      Delete
  2. Very nice writing and wish you many more blogs. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts